Re: Webcam Logitech Quickcam E3500, where is video0?

  • reuter.rudolf
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 16, 2008
      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Jon Barber <jon@...> wrote:

      > Hi Rudy
      >
      > On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 06:05:25PM -0000, reuter.rudolf wrote:
      > > Encouraged by the HowTo AddUsbWebcam I bought a Logitech Quickcam
      > > E3500 (USB ID: 046d:09a4). The webcam works under WinXP and Ubuntu
      > > 0804 with the uvcvideo driver. Hence, I thought it should also be
      > > possible to use it under SlugOS/BE 3.1 (kernel 2.6).
      >
      > I think maybe you are on the wrong track. I have a Logitech
      Quickcam E3500 working under SlugOS/BE 4.8-beta by natively compiling
      the latest sources from http://linuxtv.org/hg/~pinchartl/uvcvideo/ and
      http://www.quickcamteam.net/software/linux/v4l2-software.

      > I am currently trying to document the process but it is a bit
      long-winded and it may be easier just to create an ipgk with the
      updated modules.

      > Cheers
      >
      > Jon

      Hi Jon,
      Thank you for the quick answer. That gives me hope, that I will get it
      done within this year :-)
      I will try to compile it, but I would also appreciate if you could
      make an ipkg package, and let me know about it.
      My application is to remote watch my heating system for any system
      fault, e.g. water preasure.
      Greetings, Rudy