Re: [nslu2-linux] can't authenticate using ldap

  • Mike (mwester)
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 25, 2008
      Lou Sanchez-Chopitea wrote:
      > Hi,
      > I have installed openldap on unslung, and my Linux box can
      > authenticate a user in the directory just fine but not from the slug
      > itself. If I try to su <user> as root (to get the actual password
      > check out of the loop) I still get "su: unknown id: zero" (zero is the
      > actual user name). The ldap.conf does point HOST to 127.0.0.1 and the
      > BASE looks correct. What else am I missing? TIA.

      None of the core parts of Unslung were compiled to use external
      authentication mechanisms. Worse yet, the Linksys proprietary code (and
      hence Unslung) is designed with the assumption that all user ids and
      passwords are contained in /etc/passwd and /etc/group. So you'll find
      that the usefulness of an ldap client on Unslung will be limited to
      specific programs, such as (perhaps) the versions of samba that you
      might install from the feeds.

      Mike (mwester)