Re: [nslu2-linux] Re: What happened to ipkg.nslu2-linux.org?[SOLVED]

    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 25, 2008
      doll_oliver wrote:
      > Hi Richard,
      >
      > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Richard Cox <conardcox@...> wrote:
      >> Just wanted to pass along the fix for this if your ipkg is stuck when
      >> upgrading due to this issue.
      >
      > thanks for letting us know. It also did the trick for me so I'm back
      > at "Nothing to be done" ;-)
      >
      > Anyway being curious - could someone please elaborate on the technical
      > background which brought the status file into this strange state?
      >
      > My guess: the package files once referenced links to packages which
      > weren't there, but put into the status file as "to be done". Even
      > though the failure got corrected in the error in the status file
      > persisted!?

      An error in the scripts which populate the feeds caused incorrect
      Package files containing references to new work on the next version of
      Unslung to be erroneously pushed to the stable feed.

      Since the referenced .ipk packages were not pushed along with the
      Packages file, ipkg failed to download and install the packages.
      However, ipkg records the fact that it is attempting to install a
      package in the status file, and it seems that it continues to attempt to
      do so even after the reference to the new version of the package has
      been removed from the Packages file.

      Removing these 'need-to-install' entries from the status file puts
      things back in order.

      -- Rod
    • phorrari
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 25, 2008

        with the help of one of the previous messages i've removed the
        duplicates and now its fixed.
        thanks

        kind regard

        Phill