Re: web servers and scripting

  • dystopianrebel
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 22, 2008
      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, James Fidell <james@...> wrote:
      > Is there a recommended web server for doing this, and/or a recommended
      > scripting language that should run reasonably well despite the
      > memory restrictions of the SLUG?

      Any scripting language will do. Perl is very powerful and I find it
      the most productive programming language that I've ever used; I also
      like Ruby because it teaches good object-oriented habits. But Python
      is a popular choice too.

      I use Lighttpd for my Web server. It doesn't need as much RAM as Apache.