[nslu2-linux] Port Forwarding Problem with NSLU2 & Belkin

  • pappyinww2
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 29, 2008
      Hey guys,

      I have been having a problem with my slug and getting it forwarded and
      available to the outside world.

      I have a Belkin 802.11g 4 port wireless router.

      I have Qwest DSL and it is bridged through to my router which uses simple
      PPP protocol.

      I set up the router as 192.168.2.1 acting as a DCHP server, with a nat
      firewall.

      My slug is at 192.168.2.2.

      I forwarded the ports I need (21, 22, 23, 80, 9091) and set up the slug as
      being in the DMZ.

      But when I attempt to connect to the slug (port 80 for the slug web
      interface) using my internet ip address it returns the router's build-in
      remote management web interface.

      I have tried using my home internet, as well as several other internet
      connections.

      And when attempting to connect to any other port that the slug is hosting it
      simply times out.

      I'm really stressed about this, and would love any advice you guys can give
      me.
    • rolandkbs
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 30, 2008
        --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, pappyinww2 <pappyinww2@...> wrote:

        > Hey guys,
        >
        > I have been having a problem with my slug and getting it forwarded and
        > available to the outside world.
        >
        > I have a Belkin 802.11g 4 port wireless router.
        >
        > I have Qwest DSL and it is bridged through to my router which uses
        simple
        > PPP protocol.
        >
        > I set up the router as 192.168.2.1 acting as a DCHP server, with a nat
        > firewall.
        >
        > My slug is at 192.168.2.2.
        >
        > I forwarded the ports I need (21, 22, 23, 80, 9091) and set up the
        slug as
        > being in the DMZ.
        >
        > But when I attempt to connect to the slug (port 80 for the slug web
        > interface) using my internet ip address it returns the router's build-in
        > remote management web interface.
        >
        > I have tried using my home internet, as well as several other internet
        > connections.
        >
        > And when attempting to connect to any other port that the slug is
        hosting it
        > simply times out.
        >
        > I'm really stressed about this, and would love any advice you guys
        can give
        > me.
        > --

        If you want access to the NSLU2 web-interface from outside, you should
        either change it's port (you can do this within the Web-Interface) and
        then forward this port from the Belkin to the NSLU2, or alternatively
        (if this is possible) change the port of Belkin's web interface.
        About the other ports: do you have access to them within your local
        network?

        Roland
      • pappyinww2
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 31, 2008
          Everything works great over my local network.

          But I can't get to any of the ports that the slug is serving when i try to
          access them over the internet.
          they simply timeout.
          i have no idea,
          everything should work fine with the config in the router.
          but it doesn't...

          Any ideas?

          rolandkbs-2 wrote:

          > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, pappyinww2 <pappyinww2@...> wrote:
          >>

          >> Hey guys,
          >>
          >> I have been having a problem with my slug and getting it forwarded and
          >> available to the outside world.
          >>
          >> I have a Belkin 802.11g 4 port wireless router.
          >>
          >> I have Qwest DSL and it is bridged through to my router which uses
          > simple
          >> PPP protocol.
          >>
          >> I set up the router as 192.168.2.1 acting as a DCHP server, with a nat
          >> firewall.
          >>
          >> My slug is at 192.168.2.2.
          >>
          >> I forwarded the ports I need (21, 22, 23, 80, 9091) and set up the
          > slug as
          >> being in the DMZ.
          >>
          >> But when I attempt to connect to the slug (port 80 for the slug web
          >> interface) using my internet ip address it returns the router's build-in
          >> remote management web interface.
          >>
          >> I have tried using my home internet, as well as several other internet
          >> connections.
          >>
          >> And when attempting to connect to any other port that the slug is
          > hosting it
          >> simply times out.
          >>
          >> I'm really stressed about this, and would love any advice you guys
          > can give
          >> me.
          >> --
          >>

          > If you want access to the NSLU2 web-interface from outside, you should
          > either change it's port (you can do this within the Web-Interface) and
          > then forward this port from the Belkin to the NSLU2, or alternatively
          > (if this is possible) change the port of Belkin's web interface.
          > About the other ports: do you have access to them within your local
          > network?
          >
          > Roland

          -----

        • rolandkbs
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 2, 2008
            --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, pappyinww2 <pappyinww2@...> wrote:

            > Everything works great over my local network.
            >
            > But I can't get to any of the ports that the slug is serving when i
            try to
            > access them over the internet.
            > they simply timeout.
            > i have no idea,
            > everything should work fine with the config in the router.
            > but it doesn't...
            >
            > Any ideas?
            >
            > rolandkbs-2 wrote:
            > >
            > > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, pappyinww2 <pappyinww2@> wrote:
            > >>

            > >> Hey guys,
            > >>
            > >> I have been having a problem with my slug and getting it
            forwarded and
            > >> available to the outside world.
            > >>
            > >> I have a Belkin 802.11g 4 port wireless router.
            > >>
            > >> I have Qwest DSL and it is bridged through to my router which uses
            > > simple
            > >> PPP protocol.
            > >>
            > >> I set up the router as 192.168.2.1 acting as a DCHP server, with
            a nat
            > >> firewall.
            > >>
            > >> My slug is at 192.168.2.2.
            > >>
            > >> I forwarded the ports I need (21, 22, 23, 80, 9091) and set up the
            > > slug as
            > >> being in the DMZ.
            > >>
            > >> But when I attempt to connect to the slug (port 80 for the slug web
            > >> interface) using my internet ip address it returns the router's
            build-in
            > >> remote management web interface.
            > >>
            > >> I have tried using my home internet, as well as several other
            internet
            > >> connections.
            > >>
            > >> And when attempting to connect to any other port that the slug is
            > > hosting it
            > >> simply times out.
            > >>
            > >> I'm really stressed about this, and would love any advice you guys
            > > can give
            > >> me.
            > >> --
            > >>

            > > If you want access to the NSLU2 web-interface from outside, you should
            > > either change it's port (you can do this within the Web-Interface) and
            > > then forward this port from the Belkin to the NSLU2, or alternatively
            > > (if this is possible) change the port of Belkin's web interface.
            > > About the other ports: do you have access to them within your local
            > > network?
            > >
            > > Roland
            > >

            > -----
            >
            > --

            I don't know the Belkin, but on my Zyxel I had to configure the ports
            in two places
            1. open the ports (Firewall, WAN to LAN settings)
            2. forward the ports to my NSLU2 (under SUA-Server).

            Roland