Re: Structure of a Natively Formatted Unslung 6.8 [and ftm 5.5] disk?

  • cnczane
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 5, 2008

      > Thanks, Mike, I'm sure that's just the ticket.

      It worked. After a fashion.

      I used the clues from the script following the part:
      # Fix up the filesystems. First the data:
      mkdir -p /tmp/m

      mount ${dsk}1 /tmp/m
      mkdir /tmp/m/public
      Of course, I mounted the disks' sd[ab]1 & sd[ab]2 partitions and cd'd
      into /share/[hdd|flash]/[conf/] dirs and created/cp'd the appropriate
      files suggested and changed ownership/permissions per the script.

      In places where I wanted to use info I already had instead of mere
      "template" files (e.g., smbpasswd), I copied from a dir I knew the
      file existed (e.g, /etc/samba/) instead of where the script suggested
      (e.g., /usr/local/) or emulated the file found on a working Unslung
      6.8 machine.

      After rebooting, the machine came up with all of sd[ab][12] mounted.

      But the web interface shows all my shares in Red, along with the
      shares with the classic R63 '~'-in-the-name weirdness.

      I'm pretty confident I'm going to be able to get Samba to get these
      worked out. (I don't really care about the native shares because I
      write my own code to descend the media dirs and create semi-dynamic
      webpages for access.)

      Thanks again, Mike.