Re: "setlogin failed" when using svn+ssh

  • Björn Langels
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 5, 2008
      Problem solved :o)

      Thank you for pointing out was was actually the problem for me.

      It was the PATH variable that was the problem when using the opt-
      version of svnserver but adding the correct PATH to .profile
      unfortunately did'nt help.
      I did solve it by adding
      command "/opt/bin/svnserve -t" in the authorized_keys file but then I
      could no longer log in with ssh and get a prompt.

      The working solution for me was simply to add a soft link in /usr/bin
      to /opt/bin/svnserve

      The haxx svn-server seams to be down so I don't know what was the
      suggested workaround there.

      /Björn

      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Björn Langels <yahoogroups@...>
      wrote:

      > I'm sorry I forgot to tell you my slugos version...
      > I'm running SlugOSbe 4.8 and have installed the optware svnserve
      > version version 1.5.2 (r32768).
      >
      > You are right about that the setlogin failed error message is there
      > every time I log in via ssh so that is probably not the cause as
      you
      > say. I'll try to figure out how to make sure the svnserve is
      > reachabel in the path when I use svh+ssh.
      >
      > /Björn
      >
      > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Adam Baker <slug@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Björn Langels <yahoogroups@> writes:
      > >

      > > > When I try to connect to my optware subversion server I get
      this
      > > > error message on the command line:

      > > > In the logs (/var/log/messages) it says:
      > > >
      > > > Oct 3 09:13:08 (none) auth.info sshd[5524]: Accepted publickey
      > for
      > > > lxxxx from 82.xxx.xxx.xxx port 10455 ssh2
      > > > Oct 3 09:13:08 (none) auth.err sshd[5530]: error: setlogin
      > failed:
      > > > Function not implemented
      > > > Oct 3 09:13:08 (none) auth.err sshd[5530]: error: channel 0:
      > > > chan_read_failed for istate 1
      > >

      > > You don't say what you are running optware on, I'll assume
      Unslung
      > 6.x based on
      > > the setlogin message although the svnserve not found is more
      likely
      > on SlugOS or
      > > OpenWRT.
      > >
      > > The setlogin message is nothing to worry about - you should see
      > those whenever
      > > you log in with ssh. The svnserve not found would be my prime
      > candidate for
      > > examination - ssh sets up the path on the slug to
      include /opt/bin