ntop for SlugOS/BE

  • Per Bolmstedt
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 30, 2008
      Is there an ntop equivalent for SlugOS/BE?
    • Tomas Eriksson
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 2, 2008
        Hi folks,

        I have a usb webcam ( ViMicro vc4u in windows) which use controller ZC0301P.

        How do i add this to my NSLU2?

        And do you have any auto-start streaming cool app that i can use to live capture?

        :)

        best regards
        /tomas

        Sök efter kärleken!
        Hitta din tvillingsjäl på Yahoo! Dejting: http://se.meetic.yahoo.net
      • jl.050877@gmail.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 2, 2008
          Tomas,

          > I have a usb webcam ( ViMicro vc4u in windows) which use
          > controller ZC0301P. How do i add this to my NSLU2? And do
          > you have any auto-start streaming cool app that i can use to
          > live capture?

          I have a webcam with a ZC0301 working on a desktop Linux
          system. It required the gspcav1 driver. (Older kernels might use
          a zc0301 driver.) Live capture is possible with spcaview. The
          modules claim to support the Video4Linux standard so there are
          probably other capture programs that you can use.

          You may need to check to see if the appropriate module is
          available on whatever slug distribution that you are using. If
          your current distribution doesn't have it, you might want to check
          the docs for Debian which tends to support more hardware.

          In general, when you have an odd piece of USB hardware for
          which a driver does not automatically load, you can find what
          driver is needed by googling the hardware vendor and product IDs.
          Depending on what software you have installed, you can likely get
          these IDs from running "lsusb -v | less" or from running
          "less /proc/bus/usb/devices".

          John
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 6, 2008
            Per Bolmstedt wrote:
            > Is there an ntop equivalent for SlugOS/BE?

            Yes, in Optware:

            http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/slugosbe/cross/unstable/ntop_3.3-4_armeb.ipk