Re: [nslu2-linux] Re: Bug in MySQL 4.1.22 package when inserting in a float field

  • Robert Hammond
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 15, 2008
      In message <gaji3a+7378@...>, jfpmann <jfpman@...> writes
      >I run the test on NSLU2 / slugosbe 4.9 beta
      >
      >- mysql - 4.1.22-2 (optware package)
      >
      >these are the results:
      >
      >mysql> create database testcase;
      >Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec)
      >
      >mysql> use testcase;
      >Database changed
      >mysql> create table testtable (field float(10,2));
      >Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.02 sec)
      >
      >mysql> insert into testtable values(19);
      >Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec)
      >
      >mysql> select * from testtable;
      >+-------+
      >| field |
      >+-------+
      >| 19.00 |
      >+-------+
      >1 row in set (0.00 sec)

      That's interesting because the Optware version of Mysql works OK if used
      with slugosbe.

      So could the fault reside in the Libstdc++ library, slugosbe uses a
      different version to Unslung, I think that Libstdc++ is compiled as
      part of a build tool bundle that matches the kernel and other build
      tools.

      Now, Libstdc++ is a perquisite for Mysql and most probably the type cast
      used by Mysql to convert the integer to string (or perhaps to float ??)
      is called from this library.

      --
      Robert Hammond
      PGP:0x154144DA