Re: Problem with ma-taapd

  • Ron Pedde
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 5, 2004
      ciscomanvann wrote:
      > I wanted this thing to serve songs
      > that were read only but it doesnt appear like it will. That way if
      > something went wrong it wouldnt write over the songs.

      You might double-check your permissions... I'm serving mine read-only,
      and it's working fine.

      Your "runas" user (I use "guest" as my runas user, since the default
      permissions on the linksys give guest read-only on files) has to have
      read permissions on files, and read and execute permissions on directories.

      If it's not serving files, the only thing I can think of is that it
      doesn't actually read permissions. I'd be interested to hear otherwise,
      though.

      -- Ron