Re: sftp for non-root users

  • jvdhaspel
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 8, 2008
      Hi Bob,

      I experienced exactly the same problem for a week.
      This evening I found out that a non-root user could not execute
      sftp_server in /opt/libexec:

      $ ./sftp-server
      Couldn't open /dev/null: Permission denied$

      As root I set the permissions for null:
      # chmod og+rw null
      # ls -al null
      crw-rw-rw- 1 root root 1, 3 Jan 1 1970 null

      And now a non-root user is able to connect with WinSCP!

      Cheers,
      Jeroen.