Re: [nslu2-linux] Re: Tool Chain Help. PLease.

  • rwhitby
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 4 1:20 PM
      On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 15:11:16 -0000, guerrerosonny
      <guerrerosonny@...> wrote:
      > looks like a number of files in the lib folder have file size of 0

      Looks like you unpacked the file with something that does not
      understand symbolic links. All those zero length files should be
      symolic links to the other files with the same base name.

      -- Rod
    • guerrerosonny
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 4 6:31 PM
        Hi,

        Ok, good. I fixed the problem.

        Now I get the following:

        # gcc helloworld.c
        /share/hdd/data/gcc/bin/../lib/gcc-lib/armv5b-softfloat-
        linux/3.3.4/../../../../armv5b-softfloat-linux/bin/ld: cannot find -
        lgcc_s
        collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
        #
        #
        #
        #gcc --static helloworld.c
        # ./a.out
        hello
        #

        what is this option --static?

        The good news is that the toolchain works!!!

        Thanks,
        Sonny.