Status/Ready light flashing but system OK

  • Drew Gibson
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 2008

      my slug, running UnSlung (V2.3R63-uNSLUng-6.8-beta), recently started
      flashing the status/ready light constantly. I can connect via SSH, web
      interface, etc., etc.. I haven't found anything unusual in dmesg,
      /var/log/messages or anything else. Google hasn't helped much either.

      The slug is unslung to a 4GB USB key and is doing nothing whilst waiting
      for me to reconfigure Asterisk (previous install failed when cast-off
      laptop drive failed).

      Has anyone else seen a "working perfectly" slug flash the status/ready
      light?
      Is there somewhere else I should be looking for errors?

      regards,

      Drew
    • Drew Gibson
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 18, 2008
        This was caused by an issue with an update to ntpclient that caused the
        startup scripts to fail.

        When the startup scripts fail, the status light continues to blink
        for-ev-er. Who knew?

        Thanks to Leila Burrell-Davis and Davbere who actually did the
        troubleshooting.

        regards,

        Drew