Problem with rsnapshot - Please Help

  • raspden
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 26, 2008
      Hello there,

      I am finding myself using my Slug for more and more things so I have
      been trying to put an effective backup system in place with rsnapshot.

      I've been following the guide here:
      http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/InstallRSnapshot. The latest
      build includes perl and all the libraries I need as far as I
      understand so it's just a case of setting up the config file and the
      cronjob.

      The trouble is that when I get to step 9 which is testing the
      configuaration I do not get syntax ok. Instead I get the following
      message:

      /opt/lib/perl5/5.8.8/armv5b-linux/auto/POSIX/load_imports.al did not
      return a true value at /opt/lib/perl5/5.8.8/armv5b-linux/POSIX.pm line 15
      BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /opt/bin/rsnapshot line 48.

      Here lies the problem. I have no idea what this error is and I have no
      idea where to start to fix it.

      For what it's worth POSIX.pm line 15 is:
      load_imports() unless $loaded++;

      and line 48 of /opt/bin/rsnapshot is:
      use POSIX qw(locale_h); # setlocale()

      I have tried re-installing perl and rsnapshot and it just says they
      are both up to date and there is nothing to do. I have also recopied
      the default config file and tried to test the config. No matter what I
      do the same message appears.

      Can someone PLEASE at least explain what this error is. I have looked
      online with no success and gone through the rsnapshot manual. I really
      need some pointers.

      Cheers.