Re: Problem with ma-taapd

  • ciscomanvann
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 4, 2004
      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Ron Pedde <repedde@y...> wrote:
      > > Now, apart from the fact iTunes takes some time to load the
      tracklist
      > > (something more than a minute for a 6300 tracks database on a
      100Mbps
      > > network), it seems to work perfectly for me.
      >
      > I'm aware of this problem, and it's something I'm trying to fix
      before a
      > 0.2.1 release.
      >
      > -- Ron

      Yea it takes tunes a while to load mine. Then again, im getting like
      3 megs across my 802.11g wireless so go figure. I no longer get the
      errors regarding the id3 tags. I wanted this thing to serve songs
      that were read only but it doesnt appear like it will. That way if
      something went wrong it wouldnt write over the songs.
    • Ron Pedde
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 5, 2004
        ciscomanvann wrote:
        > I wanted this thing to serve songs
        > that were read only but it doesnt appear like it will. That way if
        > something went wrong it wouldnt write over the songs.

        You might double-check your permissions... I'm serving mine read-only,
        and it's working fine.

        Your "runas" user (I use "guest" as my runas user, since the default
        permissions on the linksys give guest read-only on files) has to have
        read permissions on files, and read and execute permissions on directories.

        If it's not serving files, the only thing I can think of is that it
        doesn't actually read permissions. I'd be interested to hear otherwise,
        though.

        -- Ron