Is there a version of tune2fs for SlugOS?

  • Stanley P. Miller
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 24, 2008
      I just re-plumbed my SlugOS slugs to boot of thumb drives and moved my
      old USB hard drive enclosures to a hub connected to port 2. The
      enclosures are pretty cheap and don't seem to support spindown so I
      was planning on switching power on and off manually as needed. I ran
      into the issue of the drives being mounted at random points depending
      on when they were powered up.

      Looking for a fix I saw this article in the wiki:

      http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/MountDisksByLabel

      It sounded good so I went looking for the tune2fs program to set drive
      labels and couldn't find it on my slug.

      Not a major problem, just plugged the hub into my Linux box and ran it
      from there and put the drives back on the Slug. Edited /etc/fstab to
      this and the drives don't move around regardless of power on order.

      LABEL=disk1 /mnt/disk1 ext3 defaults,noatime 1 1
      LABEL=disk2 /mnt/disk2 ext3 defaults,noatime 1 1
      LABEL=disk3 /mnt/disk3 ext3 defaults,noatime 1 1
      LABEL=disk4 /mnt/disk4 ext3 defaults,noatime 1 1