Re: CTorrent 1.3.2 compiled!

  • fotzer2004
    Message 1 of 17 , Nov 4, 2004
      Hi steve,

      yesterday openssl still was an available ipkg-package.

      nice to hear you haven't forgottenabout us :)

      greets!

      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "pompeysteve2002"
      <pompeysteve2002@y...> wrote:

      > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "fotzer2004" <sampdis@h...>
      wrote:

      > > Hello pompeysteve2002 et al,
      > >
      > > can we get an update on how far the files & readme for the
      > > ctorrent-installation on the nslu2 are?
      > >
      > > thank you in advance!
      >
      > Hi
      >
      > Sorry for the delay the past few days, things have been very busy
      and
      > I've had no time to even switch on my PC. I hope to spend a few
      hours
      > this weekend and try and set up an ipkg for it. It does require
      > OpenSSL and I'm not sure if it was linked static or dynamic and I
      see
      > that OpenSSL is no longer an available package?
    • fotzer2004
      Message 2 of 17 , Nov 8, 2004
        hi steve,

        does ctorrent "run" on your nslu2 or also "work" meaning download?
        mine runs but doesnt receive data - dunny why.

        greets

        --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "fotzer2004" <sampdis@h...> wrote:

        > Hi steve,
        >
        > yesterday openssl still was an available ipkg-package.
        >
        > nice to hear you haven't forgottenabout us :)
        >
        > greets!
        >
        > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "pompeysteve2002"
        > <pompeysteve2002@y...> wrote:
        > >
        > > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "fotzer2004" <sampdis@h...>
        > wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Hello pompeysteve2002 et al,
        > > >
        > > > can we get an update on how far the files & readme for the
        > > > ctorrent-installation on the nslu2 are?
        > > >
        > > > thank you in advance!
        > >
        > > Hi
        > >
        > > Sorry for the delay the past few days, things have been very busy
        > and
        > > I've had no time to even switch on my PC. I hope to spend a few
        > hours
        > > this weekend and try and set up an ipkg for it. It does require
        > > OpenSSL and I'm not sure if it was linked static or dynamic and I
        > see
        > > that OpenSSL is no longer an available package?
      • pompeysteve2002
        Message 3 of 17 , Nov 8, 2004
          --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "fotzer2004" <sampdis@h...> wrote:
          hi,

          (yes I know I said I'd upload the readme at the weekend, but was just
          busy busy busy!!! :)

          I've only run it once since I got it compiled and it displayed some
          numbers on stdout and created the output files - I've not verified
          that it actually downloads anything - will have a few hours spare
          this evening to investigate

          Steve

          PS. I still can't see as an available package on http://www.nslu2-
          linux.org/ipkg/Packages

          > hi steve,
          >
          > does ctorrent "run" on your nslu2 or also "work" meaning download?
          > mine runs but doesnt receive data - dunny why.
          >
          > greets
          >
          > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "fotzer2004" <sampdis@h...>
          wrote:

          > > Hi steve,
          > >
          > > yesterday openssl still was an available ipkg-package.
          > >
          > > nice to hear you haven't forgottenabout us :)
          > >
          > > greets!

        • pompeysteve2002
          Message 4 of 17 , Nov 8, 2004

            > > does ctorrent "run" on your nslu2 or also "work" meaning download?
            > > mine runs but doesnt receive data - dunny why.
            > >
            > > greets

            Hi

            Just tried running and you're correct - no upload or downloading
            going on although it does show peer connections.

            Looks like some debugging is required!

            Steve
          • fotzer2004
            Message 5 of 17 , Nov 8, 2004
              hi

              openssl definitely is available with "ipkg install".

              found a reason for ctorrent not accepting/sending data? i thought it
              might have been the port through the firewall, but obviouslyits not
              (after port-forwarding and dmz).

              <pompeysteve2002@y...> wrote:

              > > > does ctorrent "run" on your nslu2 or also "work" meaning download?
              > > > mine runs but doesnt receive data - dunny why.
              > > >
              > > > greets
              >
              > Hi
              >
              > Just tried running and you're correct - no upload or downloading
              > going on although it does show peer connections.
              >
              > Looks like some debugging is required!
              >
              > Steve
            • Maurice Koster
              Message 6 of 17 , Nov 9, 2004
                Hello both,

                I've added ctorrent as package last weekend, BUT
                it does not work because libstdc++ is not available by default on the
                NSLU2.
                Therefore it is not available using ipkg install (yet).
                So be aware if you decide to add ctorrent a packages it is already there!

                See .../make/ctorrent.mk in the unslung development tree.

                If you can solve the libstdc++ problem without a native compiler, you
                are welcome to help. Stop by on the IRC channel #nslu2-linux.

                greetz,
                Maurice aka perlguru

                --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "fotzer2004" <sampdis@h...> wrote:

                > hi
                >
                > openssl definitely is available with "ipkg install".
                >
                > found a reason for ctorrent not accepting/sending data? i thought it
                > might have been the port through the firewall, but obviouslyits not
                > (after port-forwarding and dmz).
                >
                > greets
                >

                > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "pompeysteve2002"

                > > Hi
                > >
                > > Just tried running and you're correct - no upload or downloading
                > > going on although it does show peer connections.
                > >
                > > Looks like some debugging is required!
                > >
                > > Steve
              • fotzer2004
                Message 7 of 17 , Nov 9, 2004
                  hello dudes, hello perlguru,

                  i have just copied the libstdc++ files to the corresponding
                  directory on the nslu2, but as i said, ctorrent "runs" but
                  doesnt "work"=download. is it wrong just copying these files?
                  because ctorrent doesnt bring any eror - scans for peers, but doesnt
                  start downloading .. hmm .. hope this can be solved! we count on
                  you :)

                  cheers

                  --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Maurice Koster" <yahoo@m...>
                  wrote:

                  > Hello both,
                  >
                  > I've added ctorrent as package last weekend, BUT
                  > it does not work because libstdc++ is not available by default on
                  the
                  > NSLU2.
                  > Therefore it is not available using ipkg install (yet).
                  > So be aware if you decide to add ctorrent a packages it is already
                  there!

                  > See .../make/ctorrent.mk in the unslung development tree.
                  >
                  > If you can solve the libstdc++ problem without a native compiler,
                  you
                  > are welcome to help. Stop by on the IRC channel #nslu2-linux.
                  >
                  > greetz,
                  > Maurice aka perlguru
                  >

                  > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "fotzer2004" <sampdis@h...>
                  wrote:

                  > > hi
                  > >
                  > > openssl definitely is available with "ipkg install".
                  > >
                  > > found a reason for ctorrent not accepting/sending data? i
                  thought it
                  > > might have been the port through the firewall, but obviouslyits
                  not
                  > > (after port-forwarding and dmz).
                  > >
                  > > greets
                  > >

                  > > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "pompeysteve2002"

                  > > > Hi
                  > > >
                  > > > Just tried running and you're correct - no upload or
                  downloading
                  > > > going on although it does show peer connections.
                  > > >
                  > > > Looks like some debugging is required!
                  > > >
                  > > > Steve
                • Maurice Koster
                  Message 8 of 17 , Nov 10, 2004
                    --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "fotzer2004" <sampdis@h...> wrote:

                    > hello dudes, hello perlguru,
                    >
                    > i have just copied the libstdc++ files to the corresponding
                    > directory on the nslu2, but as i said, ctorrent "runs" but
                    > doesnt "work"=download. is it wrong just copying these files?
                    > because ctorrent doesnt bring any eror - scans for peers, but doesnt
                    > start downloading .. hmm .. hope this can be solved! we count on
                    > you :)

                    Hi,
                    I've tried to install it on my Gentoo box.
                    I had the same problem, ctorrent connects to peers, but no downloading :(

                    Maybe it is a ctorrent problem. Or maybe a CPU issue (i have an AMD64).
                    Don't know.....

                    greetz,
                    perlguru