Re: CTorrent 1.3.2 compiled!

  • pompeysteve2002
    Message 1 of 17 , Nov 4, 2004
      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "fotzer2004" <sampdis@h...> wrote:

      > Hello pompeysteve2002 et al,
      >
      > can we get an update on how far the files & readme for the
      > ctorrent-installation on the nslu2 are?
      >
      > thank you in advance!

      Hi

      Sorry for the delay the past few days, things have been very busy and
      I've had no time to even switch on my PC. I hope to spend a few hours
      this weekend and try and set up an ipkg for it. It does require
      OpenSSL and I'm not sure if it was linked static or dynamic and I see
      that OpenSSL is no longer an available package?
    • fotzer2004
      Message 2 of 17 , Nov 4, 2004
        Hi steve,

        yesterday openssl still was an available ipkg-package.

        nice to hear you haven't forgottenabout us :)

        greets!

        --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "pompeysteve2002"

        Message 3 of 17 , Nov 8, 2004
          hi steve,

          does ctorrent "run" on your nslu2 or also "work" meaning download?
          mine runs but doesnt receive data - dunny why.

          greets

          Message 4 of 17 , Nov 8, 2004
            --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "fotzer2004" <sampdis@h...> wrote:
            hi,

            (yes I know I said I'd upload the readme at the weekend, but was just
            busy busy busy!!! :)

            I've only run it once since I got it compiled and it displayed some
            numbers on stdout and created the output files - I've not verified
            that it actually downloads anything - will have a few hours spare
            this evening to investigate

            Steve

            PS. I still can't see as an available package on http://www.nslu2-
            linux.org/ipkg/Packages

            > hi steve,
            >
            > does ctorrent "run" on your nslu2 or also "work" meaning download?
            > mine runs but doesnt receive data - dunny why.
            >
            > greets
            >
            > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "fotzer2004" <sampdis@h...>
            wrote:

            > > Hi steve,
            > >
            > > yesterday openssl still was an available ipkg-package.
            > >
            > > nice to hear you haven't forgottenabout us :)
            > >
            > > greets!

          • pompeysteve2002
            Message 5 of 17 , Nov 8, 2004

              > > does ctorrent "run" on your nslu2 or also "work" meaning download?
              > > mine runs but doesnt receive data - dunny why.
              > >
              > > greets

              Hi

              Just tried running and you're correct - no upload or downloading
              going on although it does show peer connections.

              Looks like some debugging is required!

              Steve
            • fotzer2004
              Message 6 of 17 , Nov 8, 2004
                hi

                openssl definitely is available with "ipkg install".

                found a reason for ctorrent not accepting/sending data? i thought it
                might have been the port through the firewall, but obviouslyits not
                (after port-forwarding and dmz).

                <pompeysteve2002@y...> wrote:

                > > > does ctorrent "run" on your nslu2 or also "work" meaning download?
                > > > mine runs but doesnt receive data - dunny why.
                > > >
                > > > greets
                >
                > Hi
                >
                > Just tried running and you're correct - no upload or downloading
                > going on although it does show peer connections.
                >
                > Looks like some debugging is required!
                >
                > Steve
              • Maurice Koster
                Message 7 of 17 , Nov 9, 2004
                  Hello both,

                  I've added ctorrent as package last weekend, BUT
                  it does not work because libstdc++ is not available by default on the
                  NSLU2.
                  Therefore it is not available using ipkg install (yet).
                  So be aware if you decide to add ctorrent a packages it is already there!

                  See .../make/ctorrent.mk in the unslung development tree.

                  If you can solve the libstdc++ problem without a native compiler, you
                  are welcome to help. Stop by on the IRC channel #nslu2-linux.

                  greetz,
                  Maurice aka perlguru

                  --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "fotzer2004" <sampdis@h...> wrote:

                  > hi
                  >
                  > openssl definitely is available with "ipkg install".
                  >
                  > found a reason for ctorrent not accepting/sending data? i thought it
                  > might have been the port through the firewall, but obviouslyits not
                  > (after port-forwarding and dmz).
                  >
                  > greets
                  >

                  > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "pompeysteve2002"

                  > > Hi
                  > >
                  > > Just tried running and you're correct - no upload or downloading
                  > > going on although it does show peer connections.
                  > >
                  > > Looks like some debugging is required!
                  > >
                  > > Steve
                • fotzer2004
                  Message 8 of 17 , Nov 9, 2004
                    hello dudes, hello perlguru,

                    i have just copied the libstdc++ files to the corresponding
                    directory on the nslu2, but as i said, ctorrent "runs" but
                    doesnt "work"=download. is it wrong just copying these files?
                    because ctorrent doesnt bring any eror - scans for peers, but doesnt
                    start downloading .. hmm .. hope this can be solved! we count on
                    you :)

                    cheers

                    --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Maurice Koster" <yahoo@m...>
                    wrote:

                    > Hello both,
                    >
                    > I've added ctorrent as package last weekend, BUT
                    > it does not work because libstdc++ is not available by default on
                    the
                    > NSLU2.
                    > Therefore it is not available using ipkg install (yet).
                    > So be aware if you decide to add ctorrent a packages it is already
                    there!

                    > See .../make/ctorrent.mk in the unslung development tree.
                    >
                    > If you can solve the libstdc++ problem without a native compiler,
                    you
                    > are welcome to help. Stop by on the IRC channel #nslu2-linux.
                    >
                    > greetz,
                    > Maurice aka perlguru
                    >

                    > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "fotzer2004" <sampdis@h...>
                    wrote:

                    > > hi
                    > >
                    > > openssl definitely is available with "ipkg install".
                    > >
                    > > found a reason for ctorrent not accepting/sending data? i
                    thought it
                    > > might have been the port through the firewall, but obviouslyits
                    not
                    > > (after port-forwarding and dmz).
                    > >
                    > > greets
                    > >

                    > > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "pompeysteve2002"

                    > > > Hi
                    > > >
                    > > > Just tried running and you're correct - no upload or
                    downloading
                    > > > going on although it does show peer connections.
                    > > >
                    > > > Looks like some debugging is required!
                    > > >
                    > > > Steve
                  • Maurice Koster
                    Message 9 of 17 , Nov 10, 2004
                      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "fotzer2004" <sampdis@h...> wrote:

                      > hello dudes, hello perlguru,
                      >
                      > i have just copied the libstdc++ files to the corresponding
                      > directory on the nslu2, but as i said, ctorrent "runs" but
                      > doesnt "work"=download. is it wrong just copying these files?
                      > because ctorrent doesnt bring any eror - scans for peers, but doesnt
                      > start downloading .. hmm .. hope this can be solved! we count on
                      > you :)

                      Hi,
                      I've tried to install it on my Gentoo box.
                      I had the same problem, ctorrent connects to peers, but no downloading :(

                      Maybe it is a ctorrent problem. Or maybe a CPU issue (i have an AMD64).
                      Don't know.....

                      greetz,
                      perlguru