Re: CTorrent 1.3.2 compiled!

  • fotzer2004
    Message 1 of 17 , Nov 2, 2004
      Hello pompeysteve2002 et al,

      can we get an update on how far the files & readme for the
      ctorrent-installation on the nslu2 are?

      thank you in advance!

      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "mkoster1605" <yahoo@m...> wrote:

      > Better yet:
      >
      > Make it a unslung package....
      >
      > (need help: www.nslu2-linux.org) (great wiki!)
      >
      > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "pompeysteve2002"
      > <pompeysteve2002@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi
      > >
      > > Yep! As soon as I get a chance I will upload the files & readme!
      > >
      > > Steve
      > > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "fotzer2004" <sampdis@h...> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Please let us know how to install ctorrent!
      > > >
      > > > cheers

    • pompeysteve2002
      Message 2 of 17 , Nov 4, 2004
        --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "fotzer2004" <sampdis@h...> wrote:

        > Hello pompeysteve2002 et al,
        >
        > can we get an update on how far the files & readme for the
        > ctorrent-installation on the nslu2 are?
        >
        > thank you in advance!

        Hi

        Sorry for the delay the past few days, things have been very busy and
        I've had no time to even switch on my PC. I hope to spend a few hours
        this weekend and try and set up an ipkg for it. It does require
        OpenSSL and I'm not sure if it was linked static or dynamic and I see
        that OpenSSL is no longer an available package?
      • fotzer2004
        Message 3 of 17 , Nov 4, 2004
          Hi steve,

          yesterday openssl still was an available ipkg-package.

          nice to hear you haven't forgottenabout us :)

          greets!

          Message 4 of 17 , Nov 8, 2004
            hi steve,

            does ctorrent "run" on your nslu2 or also "work" meaning download?
            mine runs but doesnt receive data - dunny why.

            greets

            Message 5 of 17 , Nov 8, 2004
              --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "fotzer2004" <sampdis@h...> wrote:
              hi,

              (yes I know I said I'd upload the readme at the weekend, but was just
              busy busy busy!!! :)

              I've only run it once since I got it compiled and it displayed some
              numbers on stdout and created the output files - I've not verified
              that it actually downloads anything - will have a few hours spare
              this evening to investigate

              Steve

              PS. I still can't see as an available package on http://www.nslu2-
              linux.org/ipkg/Packages

              > hi steve,
              >
              > does ctorrent "run" on your nslu2 or also "work" meaning download?
              > mine runs but doesnt receive data - dunny why.
              >
              > greets
              >
              > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "fotzer2004" <sampdis@h...>
              wrote:

              > > Hi steve,
              > >
              > > yesterday openssl still was an available ipkg-package.
              > >
              > > nice to hear you haven't forgottenabout us :)
              > >
              > > greets!

            • pompeysteve2002
              Message 6 of 17 , Nov 8, 2004

                > > does ctorrent "run" on your nslu2 or also "work" meaning download?
                > > mine runs but doesnt receive data - dunny why.
                > >
                > > greets

                Hi

                Just tried running and you're correct - no upload or downloading
                going on although it does show peer connections.

                Looks like some debugging is required!

                Steve
              • fotzer2004
                Message 7 of 17 , Nov 8, 2004
                  hi

                  openssl definitely is available with "ipkg install".

                  found a reason for ctorrent not accepting/sending data? i thought it
                  might have been the port through the firewall, but obviouslyits not
                  (after port-forwarding and dmz).

                  greets

                  <pompeysteve2002@y...> wrote:

                  > > > does ctorrent "run" on your nslu2 or also "work" meaning download?
                  > > > mine runs but doesnt receive data - dunny why.
                  > > >
                  > > > greets
                  >
                  > Hi
                  >
                  > Just tried running and you're correct - no upload or downloading
                  > going on although it does show peer connections.
                  >
                  > Looks like some debugging is required!
                  >
                  > Steve
                • Maurice Koster
                  Message 8 of 17 , Nov 9, 2004
                    Hello both,

                    I've added ctorrent as package last weekend, BUT
                    it does not work because libstdc++ is not available by default on the
                    NSLU2.
                    Therefore it is not available using ipkg install (yet).
                    So be aware if you decide to add ctorrent a packages it is already there!

                    See .../make/ctorrent.mk in the unslung development tree.

                    If you can solve the libstdc++ problem without a native compiler, you
                    are welcome to help. Stop by on the IRC channel #nslu2-linux.

                    greetz,
                    Maurice aka perlguru

                    --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "fotzer2004" <sampdis@h...> wrote:

                    > hi
                    >
                    > openssl definitely is available with "ipkg install".
                    >
                    > found a reason for ctorrent not accepting/sending data? i thought it
                    > might have been the port through the firewall, but obviouslyits not
                    > (after port-forwarding and dmz).
                    >
                    > greets
                    >

                    > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "pompeysteve2002"

                    > > Hi
                    > >
                    > > Just tried running and you're correct - no upload or downloading
                    > > going on although it does show peer connections.
                    > >
                    > > Looks like some debugging is required!
                    > >
                    > > Steve
                  • fotzer2004
                    Message 9 of 17 , Nov 9, 2004
                      hello dudes, hello perlguru,

                      i have just copied the libstdc++ files to the corresponding
                      directory on the nslu2, but as i said, ctorrent "runs" but
                      doesnt "work"=download. is it wrong just copying these files?
                      because ctorrent doesnt bring any eror - scans for peers, but doesnt
                      start downloading .. hmm .. hope this can be solved! we count on
                      you :)

                      cheers

                      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Maurice Koster" <yahoo@m...>
                      wrote:

                      > Hello both,
                      >
                      > I've added ctorrent as package last weekend, BUT
                      > it does not work because libstdc++ is not available by default on
                      the
                      > NSLU2.
                      > Therefore it is not available using ipkg install (yet).
                      > So be aware if you decide to add ctorrent a packages it is already
                      there!

                      > See .../make/ctorrent.mk in the unslung development tree.
                      >
                      > If you can solve the libstdc++ problem without a native compiler,
                      you
                      > are welcome to help. Stop by on the IRC channel #nslu2-linux.
                      >
                      > greetz,
                      > Maurice aka perlguru
                      >

                      > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "fotzer2004" <sampdis@h...>
                      wrote:

                      > > hi
                      > >
                      > > openssl definitely is available with "ipkg install".
                      > >
                      > > found a reason for ctorrent not accepting/sending data? i
                      thought it
                      > > might have been the port through the firewall, but obviouslyits
                      not
                      > > (after port-forwarding and dmz).
                      > >
                      > > greets
                      > >

                      > > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "pompeysteve2002"

                      > > > Hi
                      > > >
                      > > > Just tried running and you're correct - no upload or
                      downloading
                      > > > going on although it does show peer connections.
                      > > >
                      > > > Looks like some debugging is required!
                      > > >
                      > > > Steve
                    • Maurice Koster
                      Message 10 of 17 , Nov 10, 2004
                        --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "fotzer2004" <sampdis@h...> wrote:

                        > hello dudes, hello perlguru,
                        >
                        > i have just copied the libstdc++ files to the corresponding
                        > directory on the nslu2, but as i said, ctorrent "runs" but
                        > doesnt "work"=download. is it wrong just copying these files?
                        > because ctorrent doesnt bring any eror - scans for peers, but doesnt
                        > start downloading .. hmm .. hope this can be solved! we count on
                        > you :)

                        Hi,
                        I've tried to install it on my Gentoo box.
                        I had the same problem, ctorrent connects to peers, but no downloading :(

                        Maybe it is a ctorrent problem. Or maybe a CPU issue (i have an AMD64).
                        Don't know.....

                        greetz,
                        perlguru