Re: [nslu2-linux] How can I tell if ntpclient is running and syncing

  • Ian White
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2004

      <snip>

      > As I am replying anyway, could anyone tell me how I am able to check
      > wheather the ntpclient is running and syncing. This because I am not
      > sure if it is running and I have not been able to do all things as
      > described in the package how to.

      Telnet into the slug
      and at the shell prompt:

      # ps -eaf

      Which should provide process details including the owning user and the process
      name

      If you can see "ntpclient" somewhere in this list then it is indeed running

      Alternatively, if you followed all the instructions/notes in the ntpclient
      install
      you will probably have converted the /etc/crontab entry that periodically ran
      "hwclock -s"
      into "/opt/sbin/ntpclient -l -h <your_time_host>"

      If it is running *and sync-ing* the the output from the "date" command
      should always be correct

      Cheers
      IanW.