Re: Samba file transfer creates zone identifier files...

  • doll_oliver
    Message 1 of 30 , Aug 9, 2008
      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Brian Zhou" wrote:
      > Thanks for the problem report and investigation.

      np

      > Samba 3.2.1 has just been released and supposedly include this fix. I
      > upgraded optware samba package to 3.2.1 after testing that I can
      > connect to a share on unslung. It probably would take a few hours
      > before the new ipk reach the feed.

      thx for this. I was able to update my Slug with your update this
      morning and everything looks fine, now.
      --
      thx & cheers
      Oliver

      PS: the issue with SWAT persists: it still reports smbd and nmbd as
      "not running" though it's properly listing the active connection &
      shares and the open files.
    • doll_oliver
      Message 2 of 30 , Dec 21, 2008
        --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "doll_oliver" wrote:
        > [...] But my latest status is:
        >
        > Either I upgrade to Samba 3.2 with or without using xinted
        > making the changes mentioned above SWAT's status page lists
        >
        > smbd: not running
        > nmbd: not running
        >
        > though samba is running and the pages lists open connections,
        > shares and files. [...]

        I think I finally got SWAT working on the Unslung image, again:
        Beside the IP range of the local ethernet interface which needed to be
        added to the smb.conf ("interfaces = <myEth-IP>, ipx0, lo") config I
        also added 127.0.0.1/24.

        Now, /opt/bin/nmblookup -A localhost.
        Looking up status of 127.0.0.1
        NLSU2 <00> - H <ACTIVE>
        NSLU2 <03> - H <ACTIVE>
        NSLU2 <20> - H <ACTIVE>
        ..__MSBROWSE__. <01> - <GROUP> H <ACTIVE>
        MY_DOMAIN <1d> - H <ACTIVE>
        MY_DOMAIN <1b> - H <ACTIVE>
        MY_DOMAIN <1c> - <GROUP> H <ACTIVE>
        MY_DOMAIN <1e> - <GROUP> H <ACTIVE>
        MY_DOMAIN <00> - <GROUP> H <ACTIVE>

        MAC Address = 00-00-00-00-00-00

        works again. I guess the translation of "ipx0" and "lo" got broken on
        Unslung for samba 3.2+!?
        --
        thx & cheers
        Oliver