- I'll upgrade transmission to 1.31 this weekend. From preliminary
testing, the setup procedure is much simpler with reduced dependencies.
Since optware removes old ipk from feed with newer ipk, it is
recommended for users to backup the working ipk's just in case.
- Transmission 1.31 ipk is now in optware feeds. Since the configuration
file changed quite a bit, I have not setup /opt/etc/transmission.conf
and /opt/etc/init.d/Snntransmission in the ipk yet. But it's pretty
easy to use:
1. forward port 51413 to your NAS device;
2. ipkg install transmission;
3. as root, "/opt/bin/transmission-daemon" to launch the daemon;
4. point your browser to http://<NAS-address>:9091/transmission/web/ ;
5. "transmission-daemon -h" and "transmission-remote -h" to see more