transmissionbt 1.31

  • Brian Zhou
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 7, 2008
      I'll upgrade transmission to 1.31 this weekend. From preliminary
      testing, the setup procedure is much simpler with reduced dependencies.

      Since optware removes old ipk from feed with newer ipk, it is
      recommended for users to backup the working ipk's just in case.

      -Brian
    • Brian Zhou
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 9, 2008
        Transmission 1.31 ipk is now in optware feeds. Since the configuration
        file changed quite a bit, I have not setup /opt/etc/transmission.conf
        and /opt/etc/init.d/Snntransmission in the ipk yet. But it's pretty
        easy to use:

        1. forward port 51413 to your NAS device;
        2. ipkg install transmission;
        3. as root, "/opt/bin/transmission-daemon" to launch the daemon;
        4. point your browser to http://<NAS-address>:9091/transmission/web/ ;
        5. "transmission-daemon -h" and "transmission-remote -h" to see more
        options