Re: Samba file transfer creates zone identifier files...

  • doll_oliver
    Message 1 of 30 , Aug 5 9:55 AM
      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "doll_oliver" wrote:
      > Unfortunately the Search function is currently not working on the
      > samba.org site(s).

      think I found it as being caused a bug in the 3.2 release
      --
      thx & cheers
      Oliver

      [1] http://www.mail-archive.com/samba@.../msg94691.html
    • Brian Zhou
      Message 2 of 30 , Aug 5 10:31 PM
        Hi Oliver,

        Thanks for the problem report and investigation.

        Samba 3.2.1 has just been released and supposedly include this fix. I
        upgraded optware samba package to 3.2.1 after testing that I can
        connect to a share on unslung. It probably would take a few hours
        before the new ipk reach the feed.

        Cheers,

        -Brian

        Message 3 of 30 , Aug 9 3:17 PM
          --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Brian Zhou" wrote:
          > Thanks for the problem report and investigation.

          np

          > Samba 3.2.1 has just been released and supposedly include this fix. I
          > upgraded optware samba package to 3.2.1 after testing that I can
          > connect to a share on unslung. It probably would take a few hours
          > before the new ipk reach the feed.

          thx for this. I was able to update my Slug with your update this
          morning and everything looks fine, now.
          --
          thx & cheers
          Oliver

          PS: the issue with SWAT persists: it still reports smbd and nmbd as
          "not running" though it's properly listing the active connection &
          shares and the open files.
        • doll_oliver
          Message 4 of 30 , Dec 21, 2008
            --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "doll_oliver" wrote:
            > [...] But my latest status is:
            >
            > Either I upgrade to Samba 3.2 with or without using xinted
            > making the changes mentioned above SWAT's status page lists
            >
            > smbd: not running
            > nmbd: not running
            >
            > though samba is running and the pages lists open connections,
            > shares and files. [...]

            I think I finally got SWAT working on the Unslung image, again:
            Beside the IP range of the local ethernet interface which needed to be
            added to the smb.conf ("interfaces = <myEth-IP>, ipx0, lo") config I
            also added 127.0.0.1/24.

            Now, /opt/bin/nmblookup -A localhost.
            Looking up status of 127.0.0.1
            NLSU2 <00> - H <ACTIVE>
            NSLU2 <03> - H <ACTIVE>
            NSLU2 <20> - H <ACTIVE>
            ..__MSBROWSE__. <01> - <GROUP> H <ACTIVE>
            MY_DOMAIN <1d> - H <ACTIVE>
            MY_DOMAIN <1b> - H <ACTIVE>
            MY_DOMAIN <1c> - <GROUP> H <ACTIVE>
            MY_DOMAIN <1e> - <GROUP> H <ACTIVE>
            MY_DOMAIN <00> - <GROUP> H <ACTIVE>

            MAC Address = 00-00-00-00-00-00

            works again. I guess the translation of "ipx0" and "lo" got broken on
            Unslung for samba 3.2+!?
            --
            thx & cheers
            Oliver