I need suggestions

  • Tim Litwiller
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 5, 2008
      For my school I need a small machine that can ring a bell or play a
      sound - ring the recess and school start end end bells.

      last year I let them use one of my old windows laptops. But I want
      something that is less worry and can't be messed with.

      I found a usb sound device that is supposed to work with linux.

      now, what firmware would be best for a purpose like this?
      Then I need to write a web page that can add or remove cron jobs so that
      we can change the bell ring times if needed.
      The network the at the school is only 2 teacher laptops and this device.
      - No access to the internet so security will not be an issue.

      Has anyone here done a project like this before?