HDD full and cannot access NSLU2 any more

  • zeddichus
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 3, 2008

      I did something stupid and I do hope that you can help me.

      I am using an unslung NSLU2 and and external HDD (USB) for backup.
      Last time I did copy so much on the HDD that there is no space left
      and switched the NSLU2 off after the backup.

      Now I cannot reach the NSLU2 any more. As I do use windows XP, I did
      use "explore2fs" to get access to the HDD , but I can just read with
      this software. With "Ext2IFS" I cannot access the HDD at all.

      Can you help me and tell me, how to delete files from the HDD? When
      this is done, I hope that I will access the NSLU2 again.

      Or is there no software for windows with which I can delete files from
      an ext3 partition?

      Best regards,
      Zeddichus
    • Olivier KAHN
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 3, 2008
        If i resume, you need to access in write to an EXT3 partition ?

        Then simply use a live cd of ubuntu for exemple.
        You get the live cd (700Mo from ubuntu web site), burn it, boot on it your windows computer,
        and access your disk in write access .

        The live CD do not modify your windows boot disk. You have no risk on it.
        Bluediver

        Hi,