Help Compiling perl with threads for NSLU2

  • Jorge Castillón
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 3, 2008
      Hi everybody.
      I'm a newby in this forum...
      First of all thank you for you time, second I don't know if this is the right place to do this question, so please let me know. and ... Does anybody have compiling perl 5.8.8 whith therads for armeb? Does anybody have any information on how can I do it? I allready have the source but I don´t know wich should be the good options to do the correct configure.

      THANK YOU.
    • Marcel Nijenhof
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 3, 2008
        On Sun, 2008-08-03 at 11:50 +0200, Jorge Castillón wrote:

        > I'm a newby in this forum...

        It's a mail list.

        There are some differences between forums and mail lists.

        > First of all thank you for you time, second I don't know if this is
        > the right place to do this question, so please let me know.

        This is the place for user questions about the nslu2 supported
        software. If you want to run perl on a platform which is supported
        by optware or you run one of the firmwares from nslu2-linux then
        this is the right place.

        > and ... Does anybody have compiling perl 5.8.8 whith therads for
        > armeb? Does anybody have any information on how can I do it?

        Have a look at the optware package build environment.
        There is already a perl 5.8.8 package in there:
        http://svn.nslu2-linux.org/svnroot/optware/trunk/make/perl.mk

        You could try to change the options and see if it builds and works.

        There is a page how to build packages from this environment:
        http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Optware/AddAPackageToOptware

        > I allready have the source but I don´t know wich should be the good
        > options to do the correct configure.

        Use the optware build environment if you can install optware
        packages!

        --
        Marcel Nijenhof
        Optware package developer