Re: [nslu2-linux] debian 5.0beta2 image dose not boot

  • Steve Wagner
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 3, 2008
      Static settings

      iface eth0 inet static
      address 192.168.33.5
      netmask 255.255.255.0
      gateway 192.168.33.33

      But i am not sure how to get them from the rom.

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 3, 2008
        Steve Wagner wrote:
        > Martin Michlmayr schrieb:
        >> * Steve Wagner <lists@...> [2008-08-02 19:16]:
        >>> I have tryed both images ( arm and armel ) but its always the same. Now
        >>> i flashed the lastest SlugOS image and it works like before.
        >>>
        >>> How can i get the debian 5.0beta2 to boot?
        >> What network settings do you have?
        > Static settings
        >
        > iface eth0 inet static
        > address 192.168.33.5
        > netmask 255.255.255.0
        > gateway 192.168.33.33
        >
        > But i am not sure how to get them from the rom.

        How did you set the network settings on the NSLU2 before you flashed the
        Debian image? Did you set a complete set of network settings (including
        gateway and DNS) using the Linksys web interface? Were you running
        Unslung or SlugOS previously?

        -- Rod
      • Steve Wagner
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 3, 2008
          Rod Whitby schrieb:
          > Steve Wagner wrote:
          >> Martin Michlmayr schrieb:
          >>> * Steve Wagner <lists@...> [2008-08-02 19:16]:

          >>> What network settings do you have?
          > > Static settings
          > >
          > > iface eth0 inet static
          > > address 192.168.33.5
          > > netmask 255.255.255.0
          > > gateway 192.168.33.33
          > >
          > > But i am not sure how to get them from the rom.
          >
          > How did you set the network settings on the NSLU2 before you flashed the
          > Debian image?

          I think so because the plain SlugOS (without attached drives where ive
          installed Debian) uses the same network config.

          How can i get the network configuration which is stored in flash? I did
          not found this information at the moment.

          > Did you set a complete set of network settings (including
          > gateway and DNS) using the Linksys web interface?

          I dont know, it is a long time ago and ive used the web interface only
          to flash another image.

          > Were you running
          > Unslung or SlugOS previously?

          Ive use SlugOSLE-4.8-beta with kernel 2.6.21.7 #1 PREEMPT Mon Dec 24
          17:32:03 UTC 2007 armv5tel GNU/Linux and a debian LE with bootstrap.
        • Steve Wagner
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 9, 2008
            For all how have the same problem. I flashed Unslung 6.10 Beta, set
            there the static lan configuration and flashed 5.0 beta2 again. Now i
            can connect to the box.

            Steve