squeezecenter 7.0.1 ipk

  • Brian Zhou
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1 4:36 PM
      The squeezecenter ipk is now in optware feeds. Since
      slimserver/squeezecenter requires quite a lot of RAM, it's best suited
      on >=64MB optware target devices. I've tested it on Synology ds207+
      (128MB), ds408 (512MB) and HP mv2120 (128MB) and seems to run ok.

      For those interested, here is the installation instruction:

      1. setup optware ipkg

      2. ipkg update

      3. ipkg install squeezecenter
      (good idea to change mysql root password upon first install)

      4. optware mysql 4.1.22 was configured --without-innodb to save
      memory, so we need to comment out lines that uses transaction.

      # ipkg install sed
      # cd /opt/share/squeezecenter
      # sed -i.orig -e '/^ .*dbh->STORE.*AutoCommit.*0/s/^/#/' CPAN/DBI.pm
      # sed -i.orig -e '/^ *Slim::Schema->storage->dbh->{\'AutoCommit\'} =
      0/s/^/#/' scanner.pl Slim/Schema/Playlist.pm Slim/Music/Import.pm

      5. /opt/etc/init.d/S99squeezecenter start

      6. point your browser to http://optware-device-IP-address:9000

      I know that there's also squeezecenter 7.1 source release, it's pretty
      easy to change optware/squeezecenter.mk. But squeezebox firmware
      downloading directory at
      http://update.slimdevices.com/update/firmware/ does not have the
      required binaries, only jive stuff.

      Anyway, NAS + squeezebox seems a very good combination.

      Cheers,

      -Brian