Re: [nslu2-linux] I need help with Native Toolchain : missing a.out

  • Kai Steinbach
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2004
      Hello again

      On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 20:51:32 +0000 (UTC), Sonny wrote:
      > So far I have managed to get the telnet session, copy the native toolchain.

      What telnet session is that (from / to) ?
      What linux are you using? Debian or so?
      Where from and to did you copy the native toolchain?

      Kai
    • guerrerosonny
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2004
        --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Kai Steinbach
        <kai.steinbach@g...> wrote:
        > Hello again
        >
        > On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 20:51:32 +0000 (UTC), Sonny wrote:
        > > So far I have managed to get the telnet session, copy the native
        toolchain.

        > What telnet session is that (from / to) ?
        > What linux are you using? Debian or so?
        > Where from and to did you copy the native toolchain?
        >
        > Kai

        Hi,

        I was able to do telnet from Windows m/c after changing the root
        password in nslu2.

        I did not build the toolchain, I have downloaded it from
        http://n.ethz.ch/student/gullc/download/toolchain.html

        Thanks,
        Sonny
      • Kai Steinbach
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 1, 2004
          On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 18:34:04 -0000, guerrerosonny wrote:
          > I was able to do telnet from Windows m/c after changing
          > the root password in nslu2.

          I don't think you can use the toolchain *on* your nslu2.
          Instead you probably want to have a full linux running on a normal
          Intel or Amd x86 based workstation. You use this workstation to
          compile programs, then transfer the binary to the nslu2 and run them
          there.

          Kai