I need help with Native Toolchain : missing a.out

  • Sonny
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 29, 2004

      So far I have managed to get the telnet session, copy the native toolchain.

      Now I am trying to build first helloworld executable using the native
      toolchain.

      #armv5b-softfloat-linux-gcc helloworld.c
      #
      #

      returns no error, but I don't see the a.out file which should have been
      generated.

      PLEASE HELP.

      Thanks,
      Sonny
    • Kai Steinbach
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2004
        Hello again

        On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 20:51:32 +0000 (UTC), Sonny wrote:
        > So far I have managed to get the telnet session, copy the native toolchain.

        What telnet session is that (from / to) ?
        What linux are you using? Debian or so?
        Where from and to did you copy the native toolchain?

        Kai
      • guerrerosonny
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 1, 2004
          --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Kai Steinbach
          <kai.steinbach@g...> wrote:
          > Hello again
          >
          > On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 20:51:32 +0000 (UTC), Sonny wrote:
          > > So far I have managed to get the telnet session, copy the native
          toolchain.

          > What telnet session is that (from / to) ?
          > What linux are you using? Debian or so?
          > Where from and to did you copy the native toolchain?
          >
          > Kai

          Hi,

          I was able to do telnet from Windows m/c after changing the root
          password in nslu2.

          I did not build the toolchain, I have downloaded it from
          http://n.ethz.ch/student/gullc/download/toolchain.html

          Thanks,
          Sonny
        • Kai Steinbach
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 1, 2004
            On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 18:34:04 -0000, guerrerosonny wrote:
            > I was able to do telnet from Windows m/c after changing
            > the root password in nslu2.

            I don't think you can use the toolchain *on* your nslu2.
            Instead you probably want to have a full linux running on a normal
            Intel or Amd x86 based workstation. You use this workstation to
            compile programs, then transfer the binary to the nslu2 and run them
            there.

            Kai