Recovering fauly sshd

  • slackline
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 7, 2008

      I'm running my Slug booting from a Gentoo install on an external HD.
      Whilst updating things the other day I started getting the following
      error message...

      "error: C compiler cannot create executables"

      ...I've detailed this in a thread
      (http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-698662.html).

      Anyway, I had to power cycle (due to fuse going in the house) and
      found I couldn't ssh to the router.

      Powered down, unplugged the external HD and let the Slug boot from the
      SlugOS I'd flashed the box with. ssh'd in and connected the external
      HD with gentoo on it and chroot'd to the gentoo install.

      I found that the sshd on the gentoo install now segfaults, hence why I
      can't ssh when I boot from it.

      Is there anyway of getting a copy of sshd that I can copy to the
      gentoo install so I can then work on fixing things from there as
      opposed to from a chroot'd environment?

      Does the sshd in SlugOS/Openslug come built into a busybox binary or
      something that I could copy over? Or is that a bad idea?

      Thanks

      Neil