Re: [nslu2-linux] Problems with udev rules

  • Mike (mwester)
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 6, 2008
      mikeycrawford wrote:
      > Hi all,
      >
      > am the owner of an nslu2 running SlugOS, and very good it is too. My
      > config is that I have the system drive (20Gb maxtor through USD-IDE
      > connector) attached to Disk 1 and a 7 port hub on Disk 2.
      >
      > Into the hub I will be plugging in a number of usb hard disks. At
      > the moment I only have two thing attached while I try and get udev
      > working as I want, a 60Gb sumvision 2.5" usb hard disk and a Memory
      > card reader with a 1GB SD card attached.
      >
      > in /etc/udev/rules.d/10-local.rules I have the following rule setup
      >

      > SUBSYSTEMS=="scsi", DRIVERS=="sd", ATTRS(vendor)=="Generic*", ATTRS
      > (model)=="USB Disk*", NAME="sumvision%n"
      >
      > but my problem is that it seems to be the card reader, and sometimes
      > even the system drive, that is getting picked up by this rule, not
      > the sumvision drive, so /media/sumvision1 points to the card reader,
      > and /media/sdb1 is the 60gb sumvision. I have tried various
      > different combinations of keys, e.g ATTR(size) but with the same
      > problems.
      >
      > the outputs from udevinfo for both devices is listed below.
      >
      > Where am I going wrong?

      Ok, the rule above will match something, but I don't see any action
      assocated with it. I rather suspect the following rule:

      SUBSYSTEM=="block", ACTION=="add" RUN+="/etc/udev/scripts/mount.sh"

      in the local.rules file in that same directory is what causes the
      mounting to occur. If you need to have special mounting happening, you
      need to read that script, and perhaps modify it to suit your needs; I
      don't think that udev rules will affect mountpoints directly.

      BTW, the above rule is from recent versions of SlugOS; you don't say
      what version so I'm assuming you're at 4.8-beta at least, right?

      Mike (mwester)