Re: [nslu2-linux] USB ports gradually failed on nslu2 (slugos)

  • David Given
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 5, 2008
      eliask wrote:
      [...]
      > Actually, no because I don't have another power supply available. But I
      > didn't plugged any usb device on it. It's like when I bought it and it
      > should work as I have flashed the original firmware. But it does not.

      One thing that's worth doing is connecting up a powered USB hub,
      *disconnecting* the NSLU2's power supply, and seeing if it boots. Yes,
      really! The USB power lines are tied directly to the NSLU2's power lines
      so that it's possible to power the NSLU2 from the hub. (I wasn't kidding
      when I said the power supply circuitry was dodgy.)

      │ "I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my
      │ telephone; my wish has come true because I can no longer figure out
      │ how to use my telephone." --- Bjarne Stroustrup
    • Elias Konstadinidis
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 7, 2008
        > And the reason it does not is most likely because the power supply is
        > not providing 5V to the internal circuitry. Presence of USB is
        probably
        > irrelevant at this stage of the power supply's demise.
        >
        > Buy a new 5V power supply and test it out. It's over 90% likely you
        > will be able to reflash it and it will be like new. It's worked for
        > most other people who've reported the same symptoms you have.
        >
        > -- Rod

        I bought a new power supply (5V, 3A) but the situation stays the same.
        Ready light is blinking and nothing happens. I will try doing
        ResetSysConf again and reflash. If it does not work I will replace it.