Re: Web address redirector

  • castro145
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 26, 2008

      OK so you just want to check your webpage to see what it looks like from the internet to other people, and you want to use your normal connection to do so your not dial up..

      I ran accross this service http://www.vischeck.com/vischeck/vischeckURL.php put in your net IP address and they'll grab your webpage and display it.  Kind of like proxy.

      The only this is the webpage is intended for colorblind people, its made to test your own website and see what it looks like for people who are color blind.  So the color might be a little bit off but should let you check you webpage, just like if you were at your friend house looking back at your house, your webserver at your house.

      Just make sure you open up a port on your router to forward a sertain port to your webserver, like 8080, or really any port going from yout net static IP (yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy:8080) to the internal IP of the server port 80 (192.168.xx.xx:80 or 10.xxx.xxx.xxx:80) what ever your internat netlwrk IP for that webserver might be.

      Haris