Re: High definition webcam

  • Graham
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 26 5:44 AM

      http://johnarthur.wordpress.com/2008/03/25/a-high-resolution-ip-webcam/

      > > The picures from the Logitech 9000 camera are fantastic!
      > >
      > > It is a ready made firmware for OpenWRT but I would love to add the
      > > package to Unslung from the repository.
      > >
      > > I am not yet a Linux expert. I wonder anyone feels moved to add it?
      >
      > You won't be able to add this to Unslung, because it requires the UVC
      > kernel module which is only available in recent 2.6 kernel versions.
      > Unslung is forever stuck with a 2.4 kernel version.
      >
      > Note that any Optware package you currently use on Unslung can also be
      > used on OpenWrt, so depending on whether you are hung up on the Linksys
      > Web UI or not, you might be able to move from Unslung to OpenWrt and
      > still keep all the packages you need.
      >
      > -- Rod

      Thanks - so I can "ipkg install" all the Optware list. Good. I think
      I can get openWrt to run on an external flash. I wonder if I can
      install the johnarthur firmware to the Slug, then move it to the USB
      stick, then add all new packages to the stick.
      I understand that the compile of the firmware of HD Webcam drivers
      into an image was tricky - certainly beyond me at present.

      One reason to want Unslung is the NTFS/FAT hard disk support. I have
      found the Samba I added to the johnarthur image to be unreliable so far.