Problem with destination port of iptables on SlugOS 4.8

  • cbraun000
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 19, 2008
      Hi all,

      I have a little problem with iptables on my slug. I installed the
      kernel-module-ip-tables, kernel-module-iptable-filtera and iptables
      packages using ipkg. Everything seems to work. I can write some simple
      rules.

      The problem arises when I want to specify a destination port in one
      rule. For exemple, I want to open port 22 (SSH) to only address
      192.168.0.5. I set up the rule as follows:

      iptables -A INPUT -s 192.168.0.5 -p tcp --dport 22 -j ACCEPT

      and I get the following error:

      iptables: No chain/target/match by that name.

      By process of elimination, I found out it is the --dport argument that
      is not accepted. Any idea why? Am I missing some module that I should
      add. lsmod shows that I already have iptable_filter, ip_tables and
      x_tables modules loaded.

      Have a nice day.
    • hugodeluna
      Message 2 of 2 , May 5, 2011
        I was having the same problem. After spending several hours searching for a solution and not able to find anything, I went to my ubuntu box and started comparing both systems. I'm currently using SlugOS BE 5.3.

        The solution is to install and load the xt_tcpudp kernel module. After doing that, using --dport was no longer a problem.

        root@nslu2:~# lsmod | grep ip
        iptable_filter 928 1
        ip_tables 7760 1 iptable_filter
        ipt_REJECT 1536 1
        x_tables 6884 3 ip_tables,xt_tcpudp,ipt_REJECT

        -- BEFORE --
        root@nslu2:~# iptables -A INPUT -s 200.200.201.0/24 -p tcp --dport 22 -j ACCEPT
        iptables: No chain/target/match by that name

        -- AFTER --
        root@nslu2:~# iptables -A INPUT -s 200.200.201.0/24 -p tcp --dport 23 -j REJECT
        root@nslu2:~# iptables -L -v | head -n3
        Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT 591 packets, 51463 bytes)
        pkts bytes target prot opt in out source destination
        0 0 REJECT tcp -- any any 200.200.201.0/24 anywhere tcp dpt:telnet reject-with icmp-port-unreachable