Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Problem with ma-taapd

Expand Messages
  • lpao70
    Hello, I ve successfully installed ma-taapd 0.2.1-pre1-2, but I have a problem with most of the files marked by iTunes as part of a compilation . When
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 30, 2004
    • 0 Attachment
      Hello,

      I've successfully installed ma-taapd 0.2.1-pre1-2, but I have a
      problem with most of the files marked by iTunes as "part of a
      compilation".

      When connecting to the slug with iTunes I see only a few of the
      original compilations as they should be (it seems they are just the
      last ones I've added to the library), while all the others seem to
      have lost the flag.

      I guess the property "part of a compilation" is not part of tag ID3
      tag as I cannot find it when trying to edit the tag with Winamp. Is
      maybe iTunes storing it in the HEX comment field visible with
      Winamp...?

      Is anyone experiencing the same problem? Any ideas?

      Luca
    • Ron Pedde
      ... Sorry. It looks like mp3 files tagged in id3v2.2 format were not getting recognized. It s fixed in cvs on sourceforge, but I ve posted both a cvs
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 30, 2004
      • 0 Attachment
        lpao70 wrote:
        > When connecting to the slug with iTunes I see only a few of the
        > original compilations as they should be (it seems they are just the
        > last ones I've added to the library), while all the others seem to
        > have lost the flag.

        Sorry. It looks like mp3 files tagged in id3v2.2 format were not
        getting recognized. It's fixed in cvs on sourceforge, but I've posted
        both a cvs snapshot and a ipk for unslung here:

        http://www.pedde.com/mt-daapd/

        I'd be pleased if you let me know how it works either on the list or by
        email (rpedde@...)

        Cheers

        -- Ron
      • lpao70
        ... the ... posted ... or by ... Great! I ve just installed the package and verified that the problem is gone. Many thanks! Now, apart from the fact iTunes
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 31, 2004
        • 0 Attachment
          --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Ron Pedde <repedde@y...> wrote:
          > lpao70 wrote:
          > > When connecting to the slug with iTunes I see only a few of the
          > > original compilations as they should be (it seems they are just
          the
          > > last ones I've added to the library), while all the others seem to
          > > have lost the flag.
          >
          > Sorry. It looks like mp3 files tagged in id3v2.2 format were not
          > getting recognized. It's fixed in cvs on sourceforge, but I've
          posted
          > both a cvs snapshot and a ipk for unslung here:
          >
          > http://www.pedde.com/mt-daapd/
          >
          > I'd be pleased if you let me know how it works either on the list
          or by
          > email (rpedde@u...)
          >
          > Cheers
          >
          > -- Ron

          Great!

          I've just installed the package and verified that the problem is gone.
          Many thanks!
          Now, apart from the fact iTunes takes some time to load the tracklist
          (something more than a minute for a 6300 tracks database on a 100Mbps
          network), it seems to work perfectly for me. I will keep on testing
          for some time and them I'll move my music library onto it...

          Thanks again,
          Luca.
        • Ron Pedde
          ... I m aware of this problem, and it s something I m trying to fix before a 0.2.1 release. -- Ron
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 31, 2004
          • 0 Attachment
            > Now, apart from the fact iTunes takes some time to load the tracklist
            > (something more than a minute for a 6300 tracks database on a 100Mbps
            > network), it seems to work perfectly for me.

            I'm aware of this problem, and it's something I'm trying to fix before a
            0.2.1 release.

            -- Ron
          • ciscomanvann
            ... tracklist ... 100Mbps ... before a ... Yea it takes tunes a while to load mine. Then again, im getting like 3 megs across my 802.11g wireless so go figure.
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 4, 2004
            • 0 Attachment
              --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Ron Pedde <repedde@y...> wrote:
              > > Now, apart from the fact iTunes takes some time to load the
              tracklist
              > > (something more than a minute for a 6300 tracks database on a
              100Mbps
              > > network), it seems to work perfectly for me.
              >
              > I'm aware of this problem, and it's something I'm trying to fix
              before a
              > 0.2.1 release.
              >
              > -- Ron

              Yea it takes tunes a while to load mine. Then again, im getting like
              3 megs across my 802.11g wireless so go figure. I no longer get the
              errors regarding the id3 tags. I wanted this thing to serve songs
              that were read only but it doesnt appear like it will. That way if
              something went wrong it wouldnt write over the songs.
            • Ron Pedde
              ... You might double-check your permissions... I m serving mine read-only, and it s working fine. Your runas user (I use guest as my runas user, since the
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 5, 2004
              • 0 Attachment
                ciscomanvann wrote:
                > I wanted this thing to serve songs
                > that were read only but it doesnt appear like it will. That way if
                > something went wrong it wouldnt write over the songs.

                You might double-check your permissions... I'm serving mine read-only,
                and it's working fine.

                Your "runas" user (I use "guest" as my runas user, since the default
                permissions on the linksys give guest read-only on files) has to have
                read permissions on files, and read and execute permissions on directories.

                If it's not serving files, the only thing I can think of is that it
                doesn't actually read permissions. I'd be interested to hear otherwise,
                though.

                -- Ron
              Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.