sun-java5-jre debianslug how?

  • janne5011
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 18, 2008
      I want sun-java5-jre, or sun-java6-jre on my slug. I have searched
      for info and it dont seems to work with "apt" I have Debian Stable
      4.0r3.
      I found this page:
      https://jdk-distros.dev.java.net/debian.html

      so i tried to add

      deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ unstable non-free
      deb-src http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ unstable non-free
      in sources.list
      and then added a apt.conf file in the apt directory (there was no
      such file before) as that page says.

      But I got errors such as

      Couldn't stat source package list http://ftp.debian.org etch/contrib
      Packages
      (/var/lib/apt/lists/ftp.debian.org_debian_dists_etch_contrib_binary-
      arm_Packages) - stat (2 No such file or directory

      So need I etch debian to add java on my slug or what can I do?

      Thanks in advance
      /j