Native toolchain in optware/cs06q3armel & optware/openwrt-ixp4xx feed

  • Brian Zhou
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 8, 2008
      Although I have not received much feedback, since I've already tested
      the native toolchain on MSS II, HP MV2120, and openwrt slug, I decided
      to promote binutils/gcc to the feeds. This is still alpha testing (use
      it at your own risk), but much easier to install.

      The new cs06q3armel feed for Orion devices is at
      http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/cs06q3armel/cross/unstable/

      You can add this feed with either /opt/etc/ipkg.conf or
      /opt/etc/ipkg/some.conf file.

      There is a known problem of optware/cs06q3armel gcc ipkg installing
      two files outside of /opt:
      /usr/lib/libc_nonshared.a
      /usr/lib/libpthread_nonshared.a

      This problem is not easy to solve, so I'll just leave it like that.

      The gcc package probably can be more granular, but I'm too lazy.

      Cheers,

      -Brian Zhou