Re: UPnP for unslung 6.10: how to customize the existing sw package

  • Adam Baker
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 6, 2008
      Moreo Davide <davide.moreo@...> writes:

      > Hello,
      > I successfully installed unslung 6.10 on my Linksys NSLU-2. Using ipkg I also
      installed libupnp-1.6.0 and
      > I can see some daemons running upnpd from the bootstrap on.
      > I would like to hack the existing upnp by adding a simple customized service
      but I'm not able to find
      > documentation, how-tos and so on. I'm quite new to Linux o.s., specially for
      embedded sw development.
      > Could you give me some suggestion?

      The upnp daemon in unslung is a linksys provided binary without source,
      libupnp is a set pf libraries written by Intel to make writing UPnP
      applications easier but doesn't come with any useful applications
      (there are some demos in the source). There are a number of UPnP
      media servers in the optware package list if you want an example of a real
      application that uses UPnP.