Re: Can't cpan> install Bundle::CPAN

  • indusmunz
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 6, 2008
      Finally it's done!

      Please disregard my last two messages about fixing an issue with
      @INC. That was not the problem.

      I was not able to install Perl 5 complete with CPAN under Unslung
      unless I had done all these:

      # ipkg update
      # ipkg install unslung-feeds
      # ipkg install perl
      # ipkg install gzip
      # ipkg install tar
      # ipkg install unslung-devel
      # ipkg install which
      # ipkg install expat
      # ipkg install zlib
      # ipkg install wget
      # ipkg install libgcc

      There were some packages like gzip that needed to be installed even
      though they appeared to be there already. Also I had to install some
      packages twice, don't aks me why, before they would function
      properly. I checked this by

      # ipkg list_installed <something>

      until there were no more error messages. After that I was able to

      cpan> install Bundle::CPAN

      which took several hours but works fine now. Unfortunately I can't
      tell, to which degree the things I've done before installing and re-
      installing all the necessary packages, added to this outcome (like
      symlinking some targets, etc). I have the impression, that I should
      have installed everything in the first place.

      Thanks a lot to Robert Hammond who's comments were enormously helpful!

      Paul