UPnP for unslung 6.10: how to customize the existing sw package

  • Moreo Davide
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 6, 2008
      Hello,
      I successfully installed unslung 6.10 on my Linksys NSLU-2. Using ipkg I also installed libupnp-1.6.0 and I can see some daemons running upnpd from the bootstrap on.
      I would like to hack the existing upnp by adding a simple customized service but I'm not able to find documentation, how-tos and so on. I'm quite new to Linux o.s., specially for embedded sw development.
      Could you give me some suggestion?

      Thanks in advance.

      Davide.

      CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

      This message and its attachments are addressed solely to the persons above and may contain confidential information. If you have received the message in error, be informed that any use of the content hereof is prohibited. Please return it immediately to the sender and delete the message. Should you have any questions, please contact us by replying to webmaster@....

      Thank you

      www.telecomitalia.it

    • Adam Baker
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 6, 2008
        Moreo Davide <davide.moreo@...> writes:

        > Hello,
        > I successfully installed unslung 6.10 on my Linksys NSLU-2. Using ipkg I also
        installed libupnp-1.6.0 and
        > I can see some daemons running upnpd from the bootstrap on.
        > I would like to hack the existing upnp by adding a simple customized service
        but I'm not able to find
        > documentation, how-tos and so on. I'm quite new to Linux o.s., specially for
        embedded sw development.
        > Could you give me some suggestion?

        The upnp daemon in unslung is a linksys provided binary without source,
        libupnp is a set pf libraries written by Intel to make writing UPnP
        applications easier but doesn't come with any useful applications
        (there are some demos in the source). There are a number of UPnP
        media servers in the optware package list if you want an example of a real
        application that uses UPnP.