Re: Fails to recognize disk after unslung

  • miity1
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 29, 2004
      I peeled off the back of the foamy insulator of the sabrent drive
      i've been working with. It is indeed an ALi chipset. After going thru
      the entire message base I found one posting suggesting jumping the
      drive the cable select. (sabrents documentation said to go with
      Master and specifically not cable select.) Anyhow. That being done I
      booted the nslu2 up and voila it works, unslung and all. I figured, I
      should at least post the resolution against a sabrent enclosure if
      someone else runs into the problem

      Thanks for the help people rendered and sorry if i was a pest. Now
      i'm gonna go and add myself to the database.
      Jack