Re: [nslu2-linux] Re: rsback, requires perl - anyone tried with miniperl yet ?

  • Dave Bixler
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 29, 2004
      Btw, here's the URL to how to build thttpd with support for PHP.

      http://lxr.php.net/source/php-src/sapi/thttpd/README

      --Dave

      Dave Bixler wrote:
      It works with thttpd, but you have to get a different version of thttpd (check thttp's web site, don't remember the url).  It only "seems" to work with one particular version of thttpd, unfortunately :(.  Beyond that, when I was updating the firmware on my Slug once, using that cross-compiled version, it HUNG (not surprising, really), so even if you do get the correct version, you'll have to save the newer version of it in case you want to upgrade.  I believe the thttp site has information on configuring it to work with miniperl (or perl, whichever).  You'll still have to cross compile it, or actually, I think I may still have a cross compiled version available if you'd just like to try it out.  Shoot me an email offline if you want it.  As always, YMMV.

      Cheers.
      --Dave

      Lars wrote:
      I have tried miniperl and it worls great. (the Dungeon adventure is
      also great!!!!)
      But PHP is also working (thankx dbixler!) but i havnt a clue how to
      get it work with thttpd. Anybody??
      Cheers Ilafe

      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "7tronics Plc, M Smith"
      <ee6bsdh02@s...> wrote:

      rsback is a Perl wrapper for rsync that we've used successfully.

      Was

      going to port over rsback to an unslung NSLU2.

      See all the comments about rsync, so assuming that rsync is now

      large

      file enabled, has anyone tried rsback or run any large file

      operations

      running on miniperl from
      http://web.tampabay.rr.com/dbixler/Perl & PHP.zip (dated 2004-09-

      03) ?

      Appreciate any experiences before I set about on this adventure.

      Cheers de Mark @ 7tronics

      http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/O7EolB/TM

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      [ Moderator Note: All static information is slowly moving to the Wiki at http://www.nslu2-linux.org ]