Re: Compiling unslung question

  • miity1
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 28, 2004

      > Read the RequiredSoftware page on the openembedded.org wiki.
      > --
      > Chris Larson - kergoth at handhelds dot org
      > Linux Software Systems Engineer - clarson at ti dot com
      > OpenZaurus Project Maintainer - http://openzaurus.org/

      Did that. followed the heading under fedora core2 and yum'ed all the
      appropriate software.

      I'm just stabbing, but something seems to be wrong with the
      #!/usr/bin/env python entry at the begining. I can type /usr/bin/env
      python and i get the >>> for python. I can type python and get the
      >>> for python. I've tried
      #!/usr/bin/python (just trying for directness there)
      No work it says bad interpreter.
      #!/usr/bin/env /usr/bin/python (just for good measure. which python
      says /usr/bin/python version is 2.3.3 and i got the right bitkeeper
      for.)

      the latest thing i tried at the suggestion of a friend was:
      #!/usr/bin/env PATH=$PATH python
      which i know is a dummy use of env's options to kick off but it
      should change/hurt anything
      with this, oemake unslung-image kinda spins and takes up various CPU
      rates (using top to track) but just sits there, (it's been 45 mins
      now) with no output. I've looked in the $OEROOT/sources and
      $OEROOT/build/tmp and nothing is being populated.

      -Jack