Re: [nslu2-linux] Is installing mplayer on Unslung possible?

  • Thomas Reitmayr
    Message 1 of 5 , May 2, 2008
      unfortunately I cannot tell you how to compile mplayer on unslung, too, but it works like a charm for slugos/be. As it uses libmad for decoding mp3s there is no performance problem at all. I can even play the audio track of mpeg files (recorded by the slug from DVB-T), while the video stream is directed to the null video driver - this takes around 33% CPU.
      Ogg files might be a bit at the edge (as stated in the wiki, too, I guess), and of course decoding video is far beyond the slug's capabilities, as Brian stated.
      So for audio performance should not be an issue.
      Regards,
      -Thomas

      ----- Urspr√ľngliche Mail ----