Re: [nslu2-linux] Is installing mplayer on Unslung possible?

  • Brian Wood
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2008

      On May 1, 2008, at 10:56 AM, Marcel Nijenhof wrote:

      On Mon, 2008-04-21 at 15:34 +0000, Mark wrote:

      > Is it possible to install mplayer on the NSLU2 (unslung)?

      Why would you like to run mplayer on unslung?

      It doesn't have an output device and it's to slow for
      most things mplayer can do.

      It also has no floating point unit. I have found some integer-based mp3 players, but trying to do video without the FPU is probably futile.

      beww

    • Thomas Reitmayr
      Message 2 of 5 , May 2, 2008
        Hi,
        unfortunately I cannot tell you how to compile mplayer on unslung, too, but it works like a charm for slugos/be. As it uses libmad for decoding mp3s there is no performance problem at all. I can even play the audio track of mpeg files (recorded by the slug from DVB-T), while the video stream is directed to the null video driver - this takes around 33% CPU.
        Ogg files might be a bit at the edge (as stated in the wiki, too, I guess), and of course decoding video is far beyond the slug's capabilities, as Brian stated.
        So for audio performance should not be an issue.
        Regards,
        -Thomas

        ----- Urspr√ľngliche Mail ----
        On May 1, 2008, at 10:56 AM, Marcel Nijenhof wrote:

        On Mon, 2008-04-21 at 15:34 +0000, Mark wrote:

        > Is it possible to install mplayer on the NSLU2 (unslung)?

        Why would you like to run mplayer on unslung?

        It doesn't have an output device and it's to slow for
        most things mplayer can do.

        It also has no floating point unit. I have found some integer-based mp3 players, but trying to do video without the FPU is probably futile.

        beww

        Lesen Sie Ihre E-Mails jetzt einfach von unterwegs..