Re: [nslu2-linux] Re: NFS v3

  • Spöttel Otmar
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 28, 2004
      tosh_hamburg wrote:
      > I tried to install it and the services seem to be up and running (at
      > least nfsping shows services and exports). When I try to mount from
      > Knoppix, I get "access denied". My "exports" is:
      >
      > /share/hdd/data/public 192.168.2.11(rw,sync,no_root_squash)
      Hello tosh,

      as i wrote i am a linux newbie...
      but i had also some troubles.
      Try the command ./exportfs -a in the /nfsv3 folder. Also open a second
      telnet/ssh window and look with tail -f /var/log/messages what the LOG says,
      when you try to mount.
      The next thing is to check the permission of the /share/hdd/data/public
      folder. Have all "others" rw rights for this folder? cd to the folder
      /share/hdd/data/public and use the command chmod 766 public.
      I have create an new folder dbox with the Webinterface and also add a new
      user dbox. Than i gave the user dbox full access to the new share dbox.
      What happens is, that it was create a new folder dbox with rw permissions
      for user dbox.
      than i had ad the folloeing line in my exports:
      /share/hdd/data/dbox dbox(rw,asynch,anonuid=2000,anongid=501)

      where anonuid=2000 is the uid from user dbox and anongid=501 is the gid from
      the group everyone (you can find this in the /etc/passwd)

      Now when i mount the NFS i get now error. And when i copy a new file on the
      mount, then the owner of this file is the user dbox and group everyone.
      (should i change to an own group...)
      And i can access to this share with NFS and SMB with the same username and
      password.

      Otmar