rm large file

  • jelcoward
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 28, 2008
      Hi all

      Quite a newbie here - so apols if this is obvious!

      On my slug.

      rm -Rf foo.vbi
      gives Could not stat. File to large for data type. (or something
      similar)

      HD is USB 80G

      Anyone got any hints on a way around this. (Incidentally the file
      is
      from VirtualBox

      Many thanks for any suggestions.

      Thanks

      Jel
    • rolandkbs
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 29, 2008
        Install the package 'coreutils'.
        This will install, among many others programs like 'ls', also a new
        'rm' command into /opt/bin, which are able to handle files larger than
        2GB.

        Best regards
        Roland

        --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "jelcoward" <jel@...> wrote:

        > Hi all
        >
        > Quite a newbie here - so apols if this is obvious!
        >
        > On my slug.
        >
        > rm -Rf foo.vbi
        > gives Could not stat. File to large for data type. (or something
        > similar)
        >
        > HD is USB 80G
        >
        > Anyone got any hints on a way around this. (Incidentally the file
        > is
        > from VirtualBox
        >
        > Many thanks for any suggestions.
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Jel

      • Jel Coward
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 29, 2008
          rolandkbs wrote:
          > Install the package 'coreutils'.
          > This will install, among many others programs like 'ls', also a new
          > 'rm' command into /opt/bin, which are able to handle files larger than
          > 2GB.

          Thanks Roland :)

          --
          Jel