CTorrent 1.3.2 compiled!

  • pompeysteve2002
    Message 1 of 17 , Oct 28, 2004
      Thanks to whoever put up the openssl ipkg I have managed to compile
      CTorrent 1.3.2 natively.

      I am using the native toolchain with openssl and required minimal
      changes to the configure script.
    • fotzer2004
      Message 2 of 17 , Oct 28, 2004
        Sounds very good! Can u put the binaries online so the others can use
        it too?

        Thanks and congratulations!

        --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "pompeysteve2002"

        Message 3 of 17 , Oct 28, 2004
          --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "fotzer2004" <sampdis@h...> wrote:
          Sure no problem I will upload tonight.
          I guess I should put a 'diff' up but I am a complete linux newbie so
          don't have a clue how to do this.

          I'll put a readme file which explains what needs to be done to compile

          Message 4 of 17 , Oct 28, 2004
            Nice! Can u post the link when you have uploaded?

            thanks!

            Message 5 of 17 , Oct 29, 2004
              Please let us know how to install ctorrent!

              cheers

              Message 6 of 17 , Oct 29, 2004
                Hi

                Yep! As soon as I get a chance I will upload the files & readme!

                Steve
                --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "fotzer2004" <sampdis@h...> wrote:

                > Please let us know how to install ctorrent!
                >
                > cheers

              • mkoster1605
                Message 7 of 17 , Oct 29, 2004
                  Better yet:

                  Make it a unslung package....

                  (need help: www.nslu2-linux.org) (great wiki!)

                  <pompeysteve2002@y...> wrote:

                  > Hi
                  >
                  > Yep! As soon as I get a chance I will upload the files & readme!
                  >
                  > Steve
                  > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "fotzer2004" <sampdis@h...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Please let us know how to install ctorrent!
                  > >
                  > > cheers

                • fotzer2004
                  Message 8 of 17 , Nov 2, 2004
                    Hello pompeysteve2002 et al,

                    can we get an update on how far the files & readme for the
                    ctorrent-installation on the nslu2 are?

                    thank you in advance!

                    --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "mkoster1605" <yahoo@m...> wrote:

                    > Better yet:
                    >
                    > Make it a unslung package....
                    >
                    > (need help: www.nslu2-linux.org) (great wiki!)
                    >
                    > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "pompeysteve2002"
                    > <pompeysteve2002@y...> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Hi
                    > >
                    > > Yep! As soon as I get a chance I will upload the files & readme!
                    > >
                    > > Steve
                    > > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "fotzer2004" <sampdis@h...> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > Please let us know how to install ctorrent!
                    > > >
                    > > > cheers

                  • pompeysteve2002
                    Message 9 of 17 , Nov 4, 2004
                      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "fotzer2004" <sampdis@h...> wrote:

                      > Hello pompeysteve2002 et al,
                      >
                      > can we get an update on how far the files & readme for the
                      > ctorrent-installation on the nslu2 are?
                      >
                      > thank you in advance!

                      Hi

                      Sorry for the delay the past few days, things have been very busy and
                      I've had no time to even switch on my PC. I hope to spend a few hours
                      this weekend and try and set up an ipkg for it. It does require
                      OpenSSL and I'm not sure if it was linked static or dynamic and I see
                      that OpenSSL is no longer an available package?
                    • fotzer2004
                      Message 10 of 17 , Nov 4, 2004
                        Hi steve,

                        yesterday openssl still was an available ipkg-package.

                        nice to hear you haven't forgottenabout us :)

                        greets!

                        Message 11 of 17 , Nov 8, 2004
                          hi steve,

                          does ctorrent "run" on your nslu2 or also "work" meaning download?
                          mine runs but doesnt receive data - dunny why.

                          greets

                          Message 12 of 17 , Nov 8, 2004
                            --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "fotzer2004" <sampdis@h...> wrote:
                            hi,

                            (yes I know I said I'd upload the readme at the weekend, but was just
                            busy busy busy!!! :)

                            I've only run it once since I got it compiled and it displayed some
                            numbers on stdout and created the output files - I've not verified
                            that it actually downloads anything - will have a few hours spare
                            this evening to investigate

                            Steve

                            PS. I still can't see as an available package on http://www.nslu2-
                            linux.org/ipkg/Packages

                            > hi steve,
                            >
                            > does ctorrent "run" on your nslu2 or also "work" meaning download?
                            > mine runs but doesnt receive data - dunny why.
                            >
                            > greets
                            >
                            > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "fotzer2004" <sampdis@h...>
                            wrote:

                            > > Hi steve,
                            > >
                            > > yesterday openssl still was an available ipkg-package.
                            > >
                            > > nice to hear you haven't forgottenabout us :)
                            > >
                            > > greets!

                          • pompeysteve2002
                            Message 13 of 17 , Nov 8, 2004

                              > > does ctorrent "run" on your nslu2 or also "work" meaning download?
                              > > mine runs but doesnt receive data - dunny why.
                              > >
                              > > greets

                              Hi

                              Just tried running and you're correct - no upload or downloading
                              going on although it does show peer connections.

                              Looks like some debugging is required!

                              Steve
                            • fotzer2004
                              Message 14 of 17 , Nov 8, 2004
                                hi

                                openssl definitely is available with "ipkg install".

                                found a reason for ctorrent not accepting/sending data? i thought it
                                might have been the port through the firewall, but obviouslyits not
                                (after port-forwarding and dmz).

                                greets

                                <pompeysteve2002@y...> wrote:

                                > > > does ctorrent "run" on your nslu2 or also "work" meaning download?
                                > > > mine runs but doesnt receive data - dunny why.
                                > > >
                                > > > greets
                                >
                                > Hi
                                >
                                > Just tried running and you're correct - no upload or downloading
                                > going on although it does show peer connections.
                                >
                                > Looks like some debugging is required!
                                >
                                > Steve
                              • Maurice Koster
                                Message 15 of 17 , Nov 9, 2004
                                  Hello both,

                                  I've added ctorrent as package last weekend, BUT
                                  it does not work because libstdc++ is not available by default on the
                                  NSLU2.
                                  Therefore it is not available using ipkg install (yet).
                                  So be aware if you decide to add ctorrent a packages it is already there!

                                  See .../make/ctorrent.mk in the unslung development tree.

                                  If you can solve the libstdc++ problem without a native compiler, you
                                  are welcome to help. Stop by on the IRC channel #nslu2-linux.

                                  greetz,
                                  Maurice aka perlguru

                                  --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "fotzer2004" <sampdis@h...> wrote:

                                  > hi
                                  >
                                  > openssl definitely is available with "ipkg install".
                                  >
                                  > found a reason for ctorrent not accepting/sending data? i thought it
                                  > might have been the port through the firewall, but obviouslyits not
                                  > (after port-forwarding and dmz).
                                  >
                                  > greets
                                  >

                                  > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "pompeysteve2002"

                                  > > Hi
                                  > >
                                  > > Just tried running and you're correct - no upload or downloading
                                  > > going on although it does show peer connections.
                                  > >
                                  > > Looks like some debugging is required!
                                  > >
                                  > > Steve
                                • fotzer2004
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Nov 9, 2004
                                    hello dudes, hello perlguru,

                                    i have just copied the libstdc++ files to the corresponding
                                    directory on the nslu2, but as i said, ctorrent "runs" but
                                    doesnt "work"=download. is it wrong just copying these files?
                                    because ctorrent doesnt bring any eror - scans for peers, but doesnt
                                    start downloading .. hmm .. hope this can be solved! we count on
                                    you :)

                                    cheers

                                    --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Maurice Koster" <yahoo@m...>
                                    wrote:

                                    > Hello both,
                                    >
                                    > I've added ctorrent as package last weekend, BUT
                                    > it does not work because libstdc++ is not available by default on
                                    the
                                    > NSLU2.
                                    > Therefore it is not available using ipkg install (yet).
                                    > So be aware if you decide to add ctorrent a packages it is already
                                    there!

                                    > See .../make/ctorrent.mk in the unslung development tree.
                                    >
                                    > If you can solve the libstdc++ problem without a native compiler,
                                    you
                                    > are welcome to help. Stop by on the IRC channel #nslu2-linux.
                                    >
                                    > greetz,
                                    > Maurice aka perlguru
                                    >

                                    > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "fotzer2004" <sampdis@h...>
                                    wrote:

                                    > > hi
                                    > >
                                    > > openssl definitely is available with "ipkg install".
                                    > >
                                    > > found a reason for ctorrent not accepting/sending data? i
                                    thought it
                                    > > might have been the port through the firewall, but obviouslyits
                                    not
                                    > > (after port-forwarding and dmz).
                                    > >
                                    > > greets
                                    > >

                                    > > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "pompeysteve2002"

                                    > > > Hi
                                    > > >
                                    > > > Just tried running and you're correct - no upload or
                                    downloading
                                    > > > going on although it does show peer connections.
                                    > > >
                                    > > > Looks like some debugging is required!
                                    > > >
                                    > > > Steve
                                  • Maurice Koster
                                    Message 17 of 17 , Nov 10, 2004
                                      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "fotzer2004" <sampdis@h...> wrote:

                                      > hello dudes, hello perlguru,
                                      >
                                      > i have just copied the libstdc++ files to the corresponding
                                      > directory on the nslu2, but as i said, ctorrent "runs" but
                                      > doesnt "work"=download. is it wrong just copying these files?
                                      > because ctorrent doesnt bring any eror - scans for peers, but doesnt
                                      > start downloading .. hmm .. hope this can be solved! we count on
                                      > you :)

                                      Hi,
                                      I've tried to install it on my Gentoo box.
                                      I had the same problem, ctorrent connects to peers, but no downloading :(

                                      Maybe it is a ctorrent problem. Or maybe a CPU issue (i have an AMD64).
                                      Don't know.....

                                      greetz,
                                      perlguru